Corpus Christi Nursing Malpractice Lawyer
Top Rate Nurse Malpractice Lawyer in Corpus Christi, TX
Were You or Your Loved One the Victim of Nursing Malpractice?
Nursing malpractice is a serious matter that can have devastating consequences for patients and their families. When a nurse fails to provide the expected standard of care and their negligence results in harm or injury to a patient, it is considered nurse malpractice. Like other healthcare professionals, nurses are responsible for performing their medical duties competently and diligently. However, when they breach this, and their actions or omissions cause harm, it may be necessary to seek legal recourse.
If you or your loved one has been a victim of nursing malpractice, it is crucial to seek legal representation from a law firm that specializes in nursing medical malpractice cases. At Snapka Law Firm, we have experience in these cases. Therefore, we can ensure that your case is handled with the necessary knowledge and skill to pursue a successful claim.
Common Nursing Malpractice Claims
Nursing malpractice claims can arise from a variety of situations. Some of the most common claims include:
- Medication Errors: The nursing staff is responsible for administering medications accurately according to the doctor’s orders and monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Failure to Monitor: Nurses have a responsibility to monitor the patient’s condition closely and promptly report any changes in their condition. This includes monitoring a patient’s vital signs; failure to do so breaches his or her medical duties.
- Improper use of medical equipment: Nurses are expected to be able to operate devices correctly and follow safety protocols
- Inadequate Supervision: Nurses are often responsible for overseeing the work of nursing assistants and other support staff.
- Patient Falls: Nurses are expected to take measures to prevent patient falls, especially in healthcare facilities.
- Improper Documentation: Accurate and thorough documentation is essential in healthcare.
Can I Sue a Nurse for Medical Malpractice?
For injured patients to successfully sue a nurse for medical malpractice, they must prove that the nurse’s medical negligence caused harm or injury.
This requires establishing four key elements:
- Duty of care: Prove the nurse had an obligation to provide a certain standard of care
- Breach of duty: Show how the nurse breached their duty of care and failed to meet the standard of care
- Causation: Establish a causal connection between the nurse’s negligence and the injury suffered
- Damages: Demonstrate the damages incurred as a result of the nurse’s negligence, such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, or lost wages
If you can establish the four key elements, you have grounds for a nurse malpractice claim. At times, the supervising doctor can be held liable and is financially responsible for damages. This depends on the amount of supervision the licensed medical doctor was giving at the time of the patient’s injuries. Additionally, if the hospitals were found to be understaffed and this failure harms the patient’s condition, they may also be held liable.
Compensation for Nursing Malpractice in Corpus Christi, Texas
If you have been a victim of nursing malpractice in Corpus Christi, you may be eligible to receive compensation for various damages such as:
- Medical Expenses: This includes past and future medical bills related to the malpractice, such as hospital stays, surgeries, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Pain and Suffering: Settlement may be awarded for the physical and emotional pain endured due to the malpractice.
- Lost Wages: If the malpractice caused you to miss work or resulted in a diminished earning capacity, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy: If the malpractice resulted in the need for ongoing rehabilitation or therapy, you may be able to recover the costs associated with these services.
- Wrongful Death: In a nursing malpractice case where negligence leads to the death of a loved one, the surviving family members may pursue a wrongful death claim to seek a settlement for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship.
It’s important to note that Texas has a statute of limitations for filing a nursing malpractice claim. You have two years from the date of the incident or from the date you discovered or should have discovered the negligence to file a claim.
Our Nursing Malpractice Attorneys Will Fight for Your Legal Rights
If you or your loved one has been a victim of nursing negligence, it is time to call a medical malpractice attorney at Snapka Law Firm. Our attorneys specialize in nursing malpractice cases and understand the intricacies of proving negligence. By choosing our experienced malpractice attorneys, you can benefit from our expertise, knowledge of Texas laws, and dedication to fighting for your legal rights.
We work on a contingency fee basis and offer a free consultation, so there is no upfront cost for you or your family member. We have a no-win, no-fee policy; therefore, we only get paid if we win your case.
Don’t let nursing malpractice go unaddressed. Contact our law firm today for a free case evaluation and take the first step towards seeking justice and the compensation you deserve.
What Makes the Snapka Law Firm, Injury Lawyers Different?
At the Snapka Law Firm, we understand the devastating consequences of a serious injury resulting from another's negligent actions. Not only do we provide tenacious legal representation, we help you get through this trying time by dealing with the burdens of your personal injury case on your behalf. Every case we accept is handled personally by one of our attorneys who will be committed to helping you understand the process while preparing your case for resolution. As a small but highly focused firm, we provide a more personalized attention to detail that you won't often find with larger law firms. With decades of courtroom experience, the Snapka Law Firm has delivered our clients millions of dollars in compensation as a result of successful verdicts and settlements. With our personalized touch, extensive experience, and strong relationships with investigation specialists and industry experts, you'll be represented by one of the best personal injury law firms in South Texas.
Kathryn Snapka is one of the few attorneys in Texas that is board certified in personal injury trial law and her firm has been recognized by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Super Lawyers, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, American College of Trial Lawyers, and American Board of Trial Advocates. Our firm has won hundreds of cases for injury clients resulting in a reputation amongst defense attorneys that deters them from taking their case to trial against us. When working with the Snapka Law Firm we fight for the highest compensation for your losses and damages with the least amount of inconvenience to you. If you have been a victim of a serious injury, contact us for your free personalized consultation today.