Corpus Christi Pediatric Malpractice Lawyers
Top Rated Pediatric Malpractice Lawyers in Corpus Christi, TX
Was Your Child a Victim of Pediatric Malpractice?
Pediatric malpractice refers to medical malpractice cases in which a child suffers harm or injury due to medical negligence committed by healthcare professionals. It is a specific type of case that involves a medical professional and the treatment or care of children. If a doctor committed malpractice, it is crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced pediatric malpractice lawyer to help navigate the complexities of the legal process and ensure your child’s rights are protected. Call today for your free consultation.
Who is Held Responsible for Pediatric Malpractice Under Texas Law?
Liability for pediatric malpractice can extend to various parties involved in the child’s medical care. It is important to understand who has a professional duty and can be held responsible for such cases under Texas law. Potential parties may include:
- Pediatricians: These medical professionals have a duty to provide a standard level of reasonable care to their young patients. If they fail to meet this duty of care and their actions result in serious injuries to the child, they may be held liable.
- Nurses and Medical Staff: Nurses and other medical staff members responsible for treating children can also be held accountable for their negligent actions or omissions.
- Hospitals and Medical Facilities: If the negligence occurred within a hospital or medical facility, the institution may be held responsible for the actions of its employees or for failing to ensure a safe environment for pediatric patients.
- Pharmaceutical Companies: In some cases, pharmaceutical companies may be held liable for injured children due to defective medications or improper drug administration.
Consequences of Pediatric Negligence
When standards for child medical care are not met, the consequences can be devastating for both the child and their family. Some potential consequences of pediatric negligence include:
- Physical Injuries: Medical errors or negligence can result in physical injuries to the child, ranging from minor complications to severe disabilities or even death.
- Emotional and Psychological Trauma: Children who have experienced negligence may suffer from emotional and psychological trauma, including anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Additional Medical Expenses: Negligence can lead to the need for further medical treatments, therapies, or surgeries, resulting in increased financial burdens for the child’s family.
Common Types of Pediatric Malpractice
Some of the most common types of pediatric malpractice in Corpus Christi include:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: When a child’s pediatrician fails to diagnose a child’s illness accurately or delays the diagnosis, it can result in delayed or inappropriate medical treatment.
- Medication Errors: Errors in prescribing or administering medication can have serious consequences for children, leading to adverse reactions, overdoses, or harmful interactions.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical errors during procedures such as tonsillectomies, appendectomies, or other pediatric surgeries can significantly harm the child. This can include when healthcare providers leave medical equipment or tools inside a child.
- Birth Injuries: Negligence during childbirth, such as mishandling forceps or failing to respond to fetal distress, can lead to birth injuries and long-term disabilities.
Filing Deadlines for Pediatric Malpractice Lawsuits in Corpus Christi
In Texas, the filing deadline or statute of limitations for minors is different than for adults. For a child under the age of 12 at the time of the incident, the statute of limitations is generally tolled, or paused, until the child reaches the age of 14. This means the two-year statute of limitations will not start running until the child turns 12.
It is crucial to consult with an experienced pediatric malpractice claims attorney to determine the specific statute of limitations that apply to your child’s case. They will have the knowledge and expertise to navigate the intricacies of the law and ensure that your child’s rights are protected.
Compensation for a Pediatrician’s Negligence
If your child has suffered harm due to a pediatrician’s negligence in Corpus Christi, you may be entitled to seek compensation for various damages in a pediatric malpractice lawsuit. These can include:
- Medical Expenses: You may be able to recover the medical expenses associated with your child’s injury or harm. This includes costs for medical bills, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, therapy, and any other necessary medical treatments.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation may be available for the physical pain and emotional suffering your child patient endured due to the negligence. This can encompass both the immediate and long-term effects of the injury.
- Disability or Impairment: If your child experiences a long-term disability or impairment due to the doctor’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for its impact on their quality of life and future opportunities.
- Lost Earning Capacity: In cases where the child’s injuries may affect their ability to work and earn income in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for the lost wages.
- Emotional Distress: Malpractice claims can have a significant emotional impact on both the child and their family. Compensation may be available for the emotional distress, mental anguish, and psychological harm suffered as a result of the negligence.
Hire an Experienced Corpus Christi Pediatric Medical Malpractice Attorney
If your child has been a victim of pediatric medical malpractice, it is crucial to acquire the assistance of a skilled Corpus Christi medical malpractice law firm. Proving negligence can be difficult. Seek justice for your child’s condition and medical issues through our knowledgeable malpractice attorneys at Snapka Law Firm.
We understand the complexities of Texas laws and will work diligently to build a strong medical malpractice case for your child. Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation, gather evidence, consult with leading medical experts, and negotiate with insurance companies to seek the maximum compensation your child deserves.
We offer a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis which means there is no upfront cost to you. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for your child’s case. This ensures you can pursue justice without adding any financial burden during this difficult time.
Don’t wait – let us fight for your child’s rights. Reach out to The Snapka Law Firm today to discuss your legal options.
What Makes the Snapka Law Firm, Injury Lawyers Different?
At the Snapka Law Firm, we understand the devastating consequences of a serious injury resulting from another's negligent actions. Not only do we provide tenacious legal representation, we help you get through this trying time by dealing with the burdens of your personal injury case on your behalf. Every case we accept is handled personally by one of our attorneys who will be committed to helping you understand the process while preparing your case for resolution. As a small but highly focused firm, we provide a more personalized attention to detail that you won't often find with larger law firms. With decades of courtroom experience, the Snapka Law Firm has delivered our clients millions of dollars in compensation as a result of successful verdicts and settlements. With our personalized touch, extensive experience, and strong relationships with investigation specialists and industry experts, you'll be represented by one of the best personal injury law firms in South Texas.
Kathryn Snapka is one of the few attorneys in Texas that is board certified in personal injury trial law and her firm has been recognized by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Super Lawyers, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, American College of Trial Lawyers, and American Board of Trial Advocates. Our firm has won hundreds of cases for injury clients resulting in a reputation amongst defense attorneys that deters them from taking their case to trial against us. When working with the Snapka Law Firm we fight for the highest compensation for your losses and damages with the least amount of inconvenience to you. If you have been a victim of a serious injury, contact us for your free personalized consultation today.