South Texas Nursing Home Injury Lawyer
Top Rated Nursing Home Injury Lawyers in South Texas
Was Your Loved One Injured in a South Texas Nursing Home?
Discovering that your elderly loved one has been injured in a nursing home can be a heartbreaking and distressing experience. We understand the pain and frustration you may be going through during this difficult time. At The Snapka Law Firm, we are committed to helping families like yours seek justice and obtain fair compensation. Our experienced nursing home injury lawyers will fight tirelessly to protect your loved one’s rights and hold those responsible accountable for their actions.
Common Nursing Home Injuries
Nursing home abuse and neglect can take various forms, all of which can have devastating consequences for your loved one’s physical and emotional well-being. While this is not an exhaustive list, we want to highlight some of the most common injuries:
- Slip and fall: Slip and fall accidents are a prevalent occurrence in nursing homes and are preventable injuries that can result in physical pain, broken bones, head trauma, and sprains.
- Malnutrition: Inadequate nutrition and dehydration can lead to significant health issues for nursing home residents. The nursing home staff is responsible for ensuring that residents receive proper meals and hydration.
- Physical or sexual abuse: Shockingly, physical abuse and sexual abuse occur in nursing homes. These reprehensible acts can cause unexplained injuries, emotional trauma, and loss of dignity.
- Bed sores: Also known as pressure sores, are often a sign of neglect in nursing homes. These painful and potentially life-threatening sores develop when elderly residents are not repositioned regularly or receive proper care. Untreated bed sores can lead to severe infections.
- Medication issues: Medication errors, such as incorrect dosages or missed doses, can have serious consequences for residents’ health. A medication-related injury can lead to adverse reactions, complications, or worsened medical conditions.
- Financial abuse: A nursing home resident can fall victim to financial exploitation. Caregivers or staff members may exploit their vulnerable position, resulting in financial losses and emotional distress.
- Emotional abuse: Emotional abuse in assisted living facilities can involve verbal insults, humiliation, intimidation, isolation, or manipulation, causing severe emotional distress and negatively impacting the resident’s mental well-being.
Can I Sue the Nursing Home for My Loved One’s Injuries?
Yes, if your elderly loved one has been injured due to nursing home negligence or abuse, you have the right to pursue legal action. However, it is crucial to understand that you must prove the nursing home’s negligence caused the injury. This is where hiring a personal injury lawyer specializing in nursing home injury becomes essential.
At The Snapka Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in handling these types of cases. Our legal team is well-versed in Texas laws governing assisted living facilities. We will skillfully investigate your case, gather evidence, review medical records, and build a strong case to hold the responsible parties accountable. Our team will help you seek compensation for damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and, in tragic cases, wrongful death.
Hiring a Nursing Home Injury Attorney in South Texas
When it comes to nursing home injuries, time is of the essence. It is vital to act promptly to protect your loved one’s rights and ensure that critical evidence is preserved. By contacting The Snapka Law Firm, you will receive a free case evaluation, during which our compassionate team will listen to your concerns, assess the merits of your case, and provide guidance on your legal options.
By hiring our law firm, you gain access to our expertise in nursing home injury cases. Our experienced attorneys have a deep understanding of the complexities involved and will navigate the legal process on your behalf, allowing you to focus on supporting your loved one. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay any upfront costs. We only collect a fee if we secure a favorable outcome for you and your family members. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Makes the Snapka Law Firm, Injury Lawyers Different?
At the Snapka Law Firm, we understand the devastating consequences of a serious injury resulting from another's negligent actions. Not only do we provide tenacious legal representation, we help you get through this trying time by dealing with the burdens of your personal injury case on your behalf. Every case we accept is handled personally by one of our attorneys who will be committed to helping you understand the process while preparing your case for resolution. As a small but highly focused firm, we provide a more personalized attention to detail that you won't often find with larger law firms. With decades of courtroom experience, the Snapka Law Firm has delivered our clients millions of dollars in compensation as a result of successful verdicts and settlements. With our personalized touch, extensive experience, and strong relationships with investigation specialists and industry experts, you'll be represented by one of the best personal injury law firms in South Texas.
Kathryn Snapka is one of the few attorneys in Texas that is board certified in personal injury trial law and her firm has been recognized by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Super Lawyers, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, American College of Trial Lawyers, and American Board of Trial Advocates. Our firm has won hundreds of cases for injury clients resulting in a reputation amongst defense attorneys that deters them from taking their case to trial against us. When working with the Snapka Law Firm we fight for the highest compensation for your losses and damages with the least amount of inconvenience to you. If you have been a victim of a serious injury, contact us for your free personalized consultation today.